Tudhoe Colliery Primary School
Tudhoe Colliery Primary School is the sponsor school for Tudhoe Learning Trust a family of seven primary schools within County Durham.
Teaching Assistant Vacancy (Year 3)
We are seeking to appoint a dedicated, hardworking teaching assistant to work predominantly in year 3 who has the drive and initiative to work in our school. Expectations of our teaching assistants are high. Supporting the delivery of teaching and learning by working directly with children in whole class settings, in groups and one to one.
To succeed you will need to:
- Demonstrate high standards of classroom practice.
- Have experience of working across the primary phase.
- Have evidence of consistently good teaching to groups and individuals.
- Have experience of working with children with a range of needs.
- Demonstrate evidence of planning and evaluating learning activities and assessing/tracking pupil progress.
- Have been involved in planning and delivering programs of learning for individuals and groups.
- Have a working knowledge of the national curriculum.
To apply you will need:
- 5 GCSE’s grade A-C (including Maths and English).
- Level 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning in the Classroom (or equivalent qualification).
- Basic safeguarding training or a willingness to undertake the training.
- Fully completed Trust application form and two references.
- Willingness to undergo an enhanced DBS and complete a disqualification by association declaration.
The successful applicant will be available to take up their new post at the beginning of the Autumn Term 2017. The post is offered initially on a one year fixed term basis with a view to extension subject to funding and performance and will be based in Tudhoe Colliery Primary School. The salary for this post is Grade 4 scp 15-19 £17,072 – £18,746 pa.
Closing date for applications is 16 June 2017. The selection process will include an intervention that you will plan and deliver for year 3 children and a structured panel interview on 26 June 2017 held in school.
Tudhoe Learning Trust is committed to providing opportunity for all and creating a balanced and diverse workforce that represents the communities it serves. Applications from all communities are positively welcomed. Applicants who identify themselves as disabled will receive an interview provided they meet minimum criteria. This role is subject to The Childcare Act 2006 and The Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009 therefore any offer of employment will be subject to a Disqualification by Association Declaration being completed prior to taking up appointment. The Trust is committed to promoting the welfare of and safeguarding all children in its schools and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to satisfactory references and you will be required to apply for an enhanced DBS.
For more information about the role, school or Trust please contact Mr Jim Smith, Trust CEO / Executive Head Teacher or Mrs Kimberley Ivory, Trust HR Manager at email@example.com.
Applications must be completed on a Trust application form (below) or can be obtained from and should be returned to Mrs Kimberley Ivory at firstname.lastname@example.org.