We currently have the following vacancy:-
CLASS TEACHER (Early Years)
M1 – M6 (£25,714 – £36,961)
South Hetton Primary School is one of seven schools that forms part of Tudhoe Learning Trust. Situated in South Hetton, Durham, South Hetton Primary is a friendly and welcoming school that serves the community. We are seeking to appoint an experienced Class Teacher for early years on a fixed term basis to cover for maternity leave. The post is required from February 2021 and is until December 2021.
The successful applicant will be able to:
- Demonstrate significant experience of working in early years
- Set high expectations that inspire, motivate and challenge pupils.
- Promote good progress and outcomes for pupils.
- Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge.
- Plan and teach well-structured lessons.
- Adapt teaching and differentiate effectively.
- Be committed to valuing every child.
- Actively be involved in ensuring the very best outcomes for every child putting the needs of children above all else.
- Engage with parents.
- Manage behaviour effectively and in line with school policy.
- Assess accurately.
- Show a commitment to working collaboratively within the Trust.
Closing date for applications: Friday 13th November 2020 (Noon)
Interviews will be held on: Wednesday 25th November 2020
Due to the disruption from the COVID-19 pandemic, we will be unable to observe the candidates teach, therefore the selection process will be based upon how well the application meets the job description/person specification and a structured, socially distanced panel interview. At interview, you are required to present to the panel a Portfolio of evidence of your skills, experience and particularly your work with children. This could include your classroom environment, pupils’ work, planning, assessments etc. You will be expected to talk the panel through your portfolio for the first 5 minutes of your interview.
For more information about the role, school or Trust please contact Mrs. Lucy Griffiths, Head Teacher on 0191 5261662. Visits to the school are welcome and if you would like to arrange a visit please contact the school directly on the above number.
Applications will only be considered on a Trust application form. An application pack for the post is available via the link below. Application forms should be returned to the Trust HR Manager via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Trust is committed to promoting the welfare of and safeguarding all children in its schools and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to satisfactory references and you will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS Check.
We are always keen to hear from exceptional people. If you think you have what it takes in any of the varied roles we have in our academies then please get in touch at email@example.com
How we recruit…
To assess suitability we:
- Will usually advertise (internally / externally)
- Will always be clear about our commitment to safeguarding
- Will always have a clear person specification and job description that is written specifically for that role that contains information about safeguarding
- Will always require an application form to be completed
- Will NEVER accept a CV
- Will always take up references for all shortlisted candidates
- Will require references to be independent and verified
- Will never accept an open reference
- Will always follow a formal selection process to ensure competency
- Will keep detailed records (securely) of all our selection processes
- Will never make an unconditional offer of employment
- Will always require a DBS and will make judgement about what level of disclosure is required according to the post and the type of work involved
Applicants should read all of the information within the advert and all supplementary information very carefully and follow the instructions when applying.
We are always interested to hear from anyone who is interested in supporting us through our Governance structure. If you have relevant experience, qualification or expertise in education or a profession then please contact us. You can find a Governance Application Form here Trust Governance Application Form and our Governor Code of Conduct can be found here Trust Code of Conduct for Governance 2018-2019 and details of our Governor induction process can be found here Governors Induction Policy.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about recruitment at Tudhoe Learning Trust