LUNCHTIME SUPERVISOR (2 Posts- Fixed Term)
Grade 1 (SCP 3) £18,065 per annum (pro-rata for part time/term time working)
6.25hrs per week
Dene House Primary School is one of seven schools that form part of Tudhoe Learning Trust. Situated in East Durham, Dene House Primary is a friendly and welcoming school that serves the community within the town of Peterlee. We are looking to appoint two enthusiastic and caring Lunchtime Supervisors to join our team at the Academy. Both posts are to start in September 2021 and are required initially for a one-year period. After which the posts will be reviewed.
The successful candidates will be available to work Post 1 – 11.50am until 1.05pm and Post 2 – 11.55pm until 1.10pm, Monday to Friday during term time. The roles involve helping to care for the children and supervise lunch time activities.
Duties to include:
- Supervising the washing of hands and entry of the children into the dining hall
- Helping generally during the service of the meals
- Assisting pupils where necessary
- Developing and encouraging good table manners
- Actively encouraging pupils in safe, enjoyable games while they are in the playground
- Being responsible for the care and supervision of the children before, during and after the meal from the close of the morning session until the start of the afternoon session
- Assisting in first aid.
Closing date for applications: Friday 30th July 2021 (Noon)
Interviews will be held on: Friday 6th August 2021
For more information about the role, school or Trust please contact Mrs. Debbie Turnbull, Head Teacher on 0191 5862937. Applications will only be considered on a Trust application form. An application pack for the post is available via this website. Application forms should be returned to the Trust HR Manager via email at Recruitment@tudhoelearningtrust.co.uk.
The Trust is committed to promoting the welfare of and safeguarding all children in its schools and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to satisfactory references and you will be required to apply for an enhanced DBS.
Special Educational Needs and Disability Co-ordinator (SENDco)
Tudhoe Learning Trust
UPS1-UPS3 Plus TLR commensurate with skills and experience
An exciting opportunity exists within our Trust for a qualified and experienced Teacher who is passionate about equality of opportunity and the inclusion of all pupils in learning to join our team from 1st November 2021. The successful candidate will work holistically with care, therapy and designated Trust Schools to ensure all children are able to access learning and hold or be prepared to achieve the recognised SENDco qualification. We are looking for a talented and motivated individual with suitable experience who will be able to:
- Travel to and work in 3 of our schools that are based at different locations in Durham.
- Ensure the inclusion of all pupils in learning and oversee the general management of SEND within three specific schools.
- Work closely with colleagues, third parties to the Trust and other professionals.
- Prepare and communicate relevant reports and paperwork.
- Work with care, families, education and therapy departments to ensure the best outcomes for pupils.
- Support the Chief Executive Officer with development and delivery of Trust policies.
- Oversee programmes of study in designated schools, teaching materials, resources, methods of teaching and pastoral arrangements.
- Manage the admissions process of prospective pupils in collaboration with the appropriate Local Authority.
- Be the first point of contact within the 3 schools for all SEND matters
- Assist with the preparation of appropriate records for the transfer of pupils.
- Ensure that school policies are reflected in daily practice.
- Promote equality and celebrate diversity as an integral part of the role and to treat everyone with fairness and dignity.
- Prepare for accreditation visits by external organisations (e.g. ISI, ISA etc.).
The closing date for applications is noon on 3rd September 2021. Due to the disruption from the COVID-19 pandemic, it is likely that the selection process will be based upon how well the application meets the job description/personal specification, a presentation and a structured panel interview. Social distancing will be practiced throughout the selection process.
Interviews will take place on 17th September 2021.
For more information about the role, please contact Mr Jim Smith, Chief Executive Officer, on 01388 814 399.
Applications will only be considered on a Trust application form. An application pack for the post is available via the link on this website and must be returned to, email@example.com by 12 noon on the closing date.
TEACHING ASSISTANT in Year 4
Grade 4 (SCP 5-8) £19,312 – £20,493) per annum
(pro-rata- Term Time working)
Fixed Term 1st November 2021 to 31st August 2022
TUDHOE COLLIERY PRIMARY SCHOOL
32.5hrs per week
Tudhoe Colliery Primary School is one of seven schools that form part of Tudhoe Learning Trust. We are seeking to appoint a qualified Teaching Assistant experienced in Key Stage 2 to join our team at Tudhoe Colliery Primary School on a Fixed-Term basis initially until August 2022 after which it will be reviewed. The successful candidate will be available to work from 8.30am until 3.30pm Monday to Friday during term time. The post will commence as soon as possible.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of supporting teaching and learning in the classroom at KS2.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of classroom practice.
- Be responsive, flexible and sensitive to the differing needs of pupils. Including those with SEND.
- Have experience of delivering well structured interventions.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of situations.
- Use ICT competently both in classroom practice and for own professional work.
- Build and sustain effective working relationships with all members of the school community.
- Work flexibly with a commitment to continuity and quality of education.
- Be focused and driven to ensure that all children fulfil their potential.
- Be innovative and seek to continually develop.
Closing date for applications: Monday 13th September 2021
Interviews will be held on: Friday 24th September 2021
For more information about the role, school or Trust please contact Mr Jim Smith, Head Teacher on 01388 814399.
Applications will only be considered on a Trust application form. An application pack for the post is available via this website. Application forms should be returned to the Trust HR Manager via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application Form Guidance 2021
- TA Grade 4 KS2 JDPS Sept21#
- Trust Support Staff Application Form 2019
Tudhoe Learning Trust is committed to promoting the welfare of and safeguarding all children in all our schools and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to satisfactory references and you will be required to apply for an enhanced DBS certificate. The cost of this certificate will be met by the Trust.
We are always keen to hear from exceptional people. If you think you have what it takes in any of the varied roles we have in our academies then please get in touch at email@example.com
How we recruit…
To assess suitability we:
- Will usually advertise (internally / externally)
- Will always be clear about our commitment to safeguarding
- Will always have a clear person specification and job description that is written specifically for that role that contains information about safeguarding
- Will always require an application form to be completed
- Will NEVER accept a CV
- Will always take up references for all shortlisted candidates
- Will require references to be independent and verified
- Will never accept an open reference
- Will always follow a formal selection process to ensure competency
- Will keep detailed records (securely) of all our selection processes
- Will never make an unconditional offer of employment
- Will always require a DBS and will make judgement about what level of disclosure is required according to the post and the type of work involved
Applicants should read all of the information within the advert and all supplementary information very carefully and follow the instructions when applying.
We are always interested to hear from anyone who is interested in supporting us through our Governance structure. If you have relevant experience, qualification or expertise in education or a profession then please contact us. You can find a Governance Application Form here Trust Governance Application Form and our Governor Code of Conduct can be found here Trust Code of Conduct for Governance 2018-2019 and details of our Governor induction process can be found here Governors Induction Policy.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about recruitment at Tudhoe Learning Trust