We currently have the following vacancy:
SCHOOL SPORTS APPRENTICE
(Community Activator – Coach Apprenticeship Standard Level 2)
National Minimum Wage for Apprentices – £4.30 per hour
(Pro-rata for term-time working = £120.07 per week)
Stephenson Way Academy and Nursery School is one of seven schools that forms part of Tudhoe Learning Trust. Situated in Newton Aycliffe, Durham, SWANS is a friendly and welcoming school that serves the community. We are seeking to appoint a PE Apprentice to work across all key stages. The post is required from 1st September 2021 and is fixed term for up to 15 months. The role is offered at 32.5 hours per week and on a term-time basis.
As an apprentice you will develop the skills, knowledge and experience of working within the community as a sports and activity leader and you will also develop an understanding of:
- The benefits of physical activity and sport for individuals, families and communities, and know why adopting an active and healthy lifestyle is important.
- The basic principles of behavioural change when applied to sport and physical activity, and know how to keep customers active. Know the importance of credible customer insight – listening to customers and understanding their motivations – to shape provision and leadership style.
- The importance of effective leadership and coaching in the delivery of a physical activity or sports sessions.
And much more! You will also have the opportunity to be part of a friendly, successful team in a happy school.
The successful candidate will:
- have 4 GCSE’s at Grades A-C/9-4 (including English and Maths) or hold an equivalent and relevant qualification. Apprentices without English and Maths at Level 1 will be considered but will need to take a test for these subject areas alongside the apprenticeship.
- be willing to learn and participate in training and development
- communicate effectively in a variety of situations
- be responsive and work flexibly
- be able to work effectively as part of a team
This is a training opportunity and as such you will be assigned a school-based mentor. You will receive on the job and in partnership with Sedgefield School Sports Partnership and Sporting Futures Training.
Closing date for applications: Friday 28th May 2021 (Noon)
Interviews will be held on: Monday 14th June 2021
For more information about the role, school or Trust please contact Mrs. Tracy Page, Head Teacher on 01325 300324. Visits to the school may be arranged via the school office for either Thursday 13th May or Monday 17th May at 3:30pm.
Applications will only be considered on a Trust application form. An application pack for the post is available below. Application forms should be returned to the Trust HR Manager via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- JD PS PE Apprentice April 2021
- Application Form Guidance 2019
- Trust Support Staff Application Form 2019
Tudhoe Learning Trust is committed to promoting the welfare of and safeguarding all children in all our schools and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to satisfactory references and you will be required to apply for an enhanced DBS certificate.
We are always keen to hear from exceptional people. If you think you have what it takes in any of the varied roles we have in our academies then please get in touch at email@example.com
How we recruit…
To assess suitability we:
- Will usually advertise (internally / externally)
- Will always be clear about our commitment to safeguarding
- Will always have a clear person specification and job description that is written specifically for that role that contains information about safeguarding
- Will always require an application form to be completed
- Will NEVER accept a CV
- Will always take up references for all shortlisted candidates
- Will require references to be independent and verified
- Will never accept an open reference
- Will always follow a formal selection process to ensure competency
- Will keep detailed records (securely) of all our selection processes
- Will never make an unconditional offer of employment
- Will always require a DBS and will make judgement about what level of disclosure is required according to the post and the type of work involved
Applicants should read all of the information within the advert and all supplementary information very carefully and follow the instructions when applying.
We are always interested to hear from anyone who is interested in supporting us through our Governance structure. If you have relevant experience, qualification or expertise in education or a profession then please contact us. You can find a Governance Application Form here Trust Governance Application Form and our Governor Code of Conduct can be found here Trust Code of Conduct for Governance 2018-2019 and details of our Governor induction process can be found here Governors Induction Policy.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about recruitment at Tudhoe Learning Trust