We currently have a vacancy for a Finance Officer. Details below:-
Finance Officer (Maternity Cover)
Grade 3 SCP 4 – 6 (£18,426 – £19,171) pro rata
Tudhoe Learning Trust Central Office
20 hrs per week – term time only
Tudhoe Learning Trust was formed in 2012 with four academies and welcomed a further three academies in 2015. The Trust has a development strategy to grow to a potential 12 academies which is underpinned by a robust plan to ensure sustainability. The Trust operates with a central finance department with the aim of ensuring compliance and efficiency.
We are looking for an experienced Finance Officer to cover maternity from 1st September 2020 up to 30th June 2021. The role is offered on a part time basis of 20hrs per week worked over 5 mornings with flexible start and finish times. We can offer access to Local Government Pension Scheme and 26 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro-rata).
The successful candidate will be able to start in September and be able to:
• To process all invoices for the Trust using Sage for Education
• Undertake appropriate quality assurance checks
• Prepare BACs payments
• Support the procurement process by handling invoices, purchases orders etc and liaising with our academies to ensure the goods and services are delivered
• Manage incoming communication via post, email and telephone
The closing date for applications is Friday 3rd July 2020 at 12 noon. Due to the disruption from the COVID-19 pandemic, it is likely that the selection process may involve a socially distanced structured panel interview.
Interviews will take place week commencing 13th July 2020.
For more information about the role please contact Gillian Pigott, Director of Business Finance & Development on 01388 811 765. More information about our Trust can be found here: www.tudhoelearningtrust.co.uk
Applications will only be considered on a Trust application form. An application pack for the post is available from the link below or via the Trust Website at www.tudhoelearningtrust.co.uk and must be returned to, firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on the closing date.
Tudhoe Learning Trust is committed to promoting the welfare of and safeguarding all children in its schools and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to satisfactory references and you will be required to apply for an enhanced DBS.
We are always keen to hear from exceptional people. If you think you have what it takes in any of the varied roles we have in our academies then please get in touch at email@example.com
How we recruit…
To assess suitability we:
- Will usually advertise (internally / externally)
- Will always be clear about our commitment to safeguarding
- Will always have a clear person specification and job description that is written specifically for that role that contains information about safeguarding
- Will always require an application form to be completed
- Will NEVER accept a CV
- Will always take up references for all shortlisted candidates
- Will require references to be independent and verified
- Will never accept an open reference
- Will always follow a formal selection process to ensure competency
- Will keep detailed records (securely) of all our selection processes
- Will never make an unconditional offer of employment
- Will always require a DBS and will make judgement about what level of disclosure is required according to the post and the type of work involved
Applicants should read all of the information within the advert and all supplementary information very carefully and follow the instructions when applying.
We are always interested to hear from anyone who is interested in supporting us through our Governance structure. If you have relevant experience, qualification or expertise in education or a profession then please contact us. You can find a Governance Application Form here Trust Governance Application Form and our Governor Code of Conduct can be found here Trust Code of Conduct for Governance 2018-2019 and details of our Governor induction process can be found here Governors Induction Policy.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about recruitment at Tudhoe Learning Trust